Monday, February 2, 2009

Open Burning At a Crematorium In Bandar Baru Sentul

I had moved to Melur Apartment at Bandar Baru Sentul for almost 5 months by now. Something that I realise is that this place gets dusty than my old place dispite we are living at the top floor (level 24). Infact I remember my housemate also made the same comment.

Opposite our apartment are some old Hindu Temples. They have been there since I moved in and some even said since 100 years ago. Today I found out something shocking...! As today is the replacement holiday for Federal Territory, I am on leave thus leaving my home at about 4pm. When I am on the way to take my car which is park outside due to limited car park, I see many people gathering at a site near the Hindu Temple. I suspect something is wrong because I can see from the faces of everyone of sorrow and downs. Then i asked around, they said " bakar orang mati " :-S

I went online to do some research about this issue. This issue has been highlighted to the government since early of 2008. Authorities, politicians and NGOs have visited the site many times and many broken promises have been made to build proper facilities to cover the crematorium site. Currently the buring is done "openly". In another way means that burning of corpses is NOT shelthered from public view.

According to other residents of Pangsapuri Melor. Smoke and dust get into there apartment whenever a body is cremated.

From now on, I will listen to my housemates' advice:- "close the lobby door (and other doors) when we are not at home". Now i know where the dust comes from :-S