Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tax Rebate on Computer Purchases (2007) - Does It Benefits The Lower Income?

Thank you very much to you whom are still reading this despite so many write ups which my friends couldn’t understand much. I have to admit that either I have very poor English or bad presentation skill. But still I hope my sharing will enable you to know more and be more aware about your own financial planning.


Since year 2007, the rebate for computer has changed compare to year 2006. Lets start with review of the changes.

Table on the upper right shows the computer rebate for year 2006 and 2007 respectively.

Referring to the computer rebate for year 2007, it doesn’t seems to benefit much for the lower income group. Anyway looking at the flip side of this, it’s more beneficial to us in the long run assuming we will eventually fall among the higher income group. But it’s still a dilemma, I guess a RM500 rebate for a low income fresh graduate means more than a RM1000 rebate for someone whom is earning more than RM250K a year.

Take care my beloved readers, be aware and remember to have proper tax planning. Good luck and Happy Chinese New Year 2008!